Thursday, July 21, 2011

19 weeks....It's a.....

GIRL! :) That moment of knowing our baby was healthy was amazing. I knew as soon as the ultrasound tech went to the abdomen it was a girl...she didn't even have to tell us. Of course, I burst into tears. I was an emotional wreck! Mainly because this journey has been so long, and I always worry that the baby isn't ok. I know many people were like "It's one of life's last surprises..you shouldn't find out." Well, I can tell you whether it was at week 19 or week 40, it was one of the BEST surprises that the DH and I shared. It all of a sudden made the pregnancy that much more real, because I can say "my daughter" or "she" instead of it. :)

We told our parents with colored cupcakes. Having just gotten back from Washington DC, we made a blue and pink batch. I then frosted them with chocolate frosting so that no one could see what color the cake was inside the foil wrappers. All 4 of our parents came over and we were able to give them the big reveal! :) I think everyone had happy tears!
Here is the survey for the week :)




How far along: 19 weeks!

Size of baby: 
Baby's now the size of a mango! Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.
 
Maternity clothes: Finally went to maternity shorts and pants. The pressure was causing me to want to pee all the time!

Sleep:
Sleeping MUCH BETTER with the aid of some benadryl!

Best moment of the week:
Finding out we were having a girl, feeling her move for the first time AND celebrating 3 years of wedded bliss with my hubby!

Movement:
  Some flutters after I eat :)

Symptoms:
I'm actually symptom free at the moment. :)

Food cravings/aversions:
Sweets!

Gender:
It's a Girl!!

Belly button in or out:
Still an innie! :)

Stretch marks:
Oh, I've had those before baby!

What I miss:
Still Tequila!

What I am looking forward to: 
Putting the border up in the nursery.


Weekly wisdom: Keep doing yoga! It's been helping my back and neck! 

How is Mommy Feeling? 
So blessed that our baby girl is healthy!

How is Daddy Feeling? 
Excited to have a daughter :)
Looking forward to daddy-daughter dances :)
Can't wait to feel her move

Total weight gain? 
6 pounds so far.

The Belly? 
I finally have a little bump. :)

What I'm looking forward to?
Having this heat break!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! You will be an amazing mom to your daughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I took Kate to see "Winnie the Pooh" this week -- I thought about you sharing it with your DAUGHTER, too! Can't wait to see nursery pics :)

    ReplyDelete