Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Big Step for a Baby

Today was our appointment with the Dr. She met with us for about 30 minutes. She explained the medical interventions that we would have to look at at the first tier of infertility. Dr. discussed the differences between Chlomid and Femera. We chose to go with the Femera for several reasons:

1) It only stays in the body for 48 hrs, thus lessening the side effects and decreasing any birth defect risks
2) It does not effect the uterine lining
3) It does not effect the cervical mucus
4) It has about a 40% success rate for pregnancy with IUI
5) It has a lower miscarriage rate

So, I guess it was God talking, because tomorrow is Day 3 of my cycle, and well, that's when you are supposed to start taking the medication. The Dr was suggesting we wait until September, but because school is starting then, I asked if we could start now. After all was said and done, I walked out with a script and an appointment to meet with the nurse on Thursday.

I guess I'm feeling more excited and nervous than anything. I want this to work, because I don't want to know what the next level of treatment is. Maybe I'll be pregnant by the end of the month? Keep says prayers!

On a side note: I went to yoga yesterday and practices for the "blues". We did all kinds of gentle back bends to lift our spirits out of depression. It felt so good and it was so calming. I have to thank my mom for calling me and asking me to go to class! Then, today I was at CVS picking up my prescription and there was a woman crying in front of the pregnancy monitors. I don't know what was causing her pain, but I did say a little prayer and sent happy thoughts her way. I wanted to tell her it would be OK, and if she was pregnant, how lucky she really is. Ironic in a way...

There any many baby steps to take on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment