Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And....we wait....

Well, Today was the big IUI day! Nothing to crazy to report. Patrick and I had a lovely breakfast this morning...very low key.We went in at 9:15 and left at 10:00 from the doctor's office. Apparently I was the first patient that wanted to put my pants back on while I laid there for 20 mins after the procedure. Umm...it's cold..and I really don't think a paper cloth is going to cut it! I think all those years of dance and marching band experience made it easy to put clothes on while laying down! hahah! OH and a freind of mine told me to go to my happy place during the procedure which consisted of houses made of brownies! So, I that's what I did, thought of brownie houses and did my yoga breathing! :)



I didn't sleep last night. I think partly because of the nerves and excitement. I don't usually deal with change very well...ok I don't deal with change very well. AT ALL. I like the normalcy that life brings and the routines that are set up. I know that having a baby with change all of that, and moreover I will have a little person dependent on me. I know my husband as well, but it just seems like a whole lot! I always ask myself, why bring a child into a world with such hate, violence, and uncertainty, but then I look at my mom and dad and realize they probably had the same fears and concerns. And I have to say, they did a GREAT job raising me, because I think I turned out pretty normal. So while I am ready to start my family, my nerves are getting the best of me! It was a good thin I had the opportunity to go clean at our rental house, because it really helps reduce my stress levels! That bathtub never looked so sparkly!! :) hee hee..
So here we are, playing the waiting game. Please pray that this works. Little miracles and baby steps...


1 comment:

  1. I so love your happy place. :) Hoping a little miracle (or miracles!)is happening today!

    ReplyDelete