Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hopeless?

Stoney Creek Metro Park- a little bit of heaven on earth!



So, today I'm feeling a bit hopeless, and that this 2 week waiting period feels like EONS!! With my cycles, I could start on day 25 (and I'm on day 23 right now...) or go as long as day 29. So far....my BBT has stayed elevated, which is a good thing. I've been having some mild cramping, but it comes and goes. Some of which feels like AF is going to be knocking on my door, but I guess we'll see. My emotions go up and down. I go from,  wow, I really could be pregnant, to "Nope, this couldn't have worked on the first try...". I don't know why today I am feeling not so optimistic. I went and rollerbladed 6 miles this morning at one of my most favoritest places, Stoney Creek. As I rollerbladed around, I took the time to Thank God and send out loving energy to all things created so beautifully. The sun was out, there was this cool gentle breeze, and the overall beauty of nature was awe inspiring. It made me realize that I have spent many miles rollerblading around that park thinking (or not thinking) about my life. Of course with my IPOD providing the soundtrack. Today, it was playing all my christian rock music from 7th and 8th grade. I think in some funny way, it was telling me that I am not alone on this journey and that I need to believe and place my faith into a higher being. That being said, I think it was telling me too, that I should be so VERY thankful for all the support that I have been given.

As I take baby steps through this journey, I realize, more and more, that I am not alone. There are so many women out there that have or are facing similar journeys. It reminds me that the human spirit is resilient and that we need to form a sisterhood (or family) to pick us up from the bad days and celebrate the good ones!

On that note, I am going to continue taking baby steps on my 2ww (2 week wait) journey...

2 comments:

  1. Beth, your strength and faith amaze me. I'll keep praying for your's and Patrick's success in starting a family. I can't imagine a couple more suited to be parents. Your child will be so incredibly lucky to have such a strong Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I know the wait is forever and the emotions are an up and down roller coaster. You seem to be going through it all with grace. Hoping for great news for you very soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete