Saturday, January 8, 2011

Pack your patience....

Wednesday I was in for a big shock. After going to my U/S appointment, we were told that I have a 7mm cyst on my right ovary which meant no IVF this month. Why? My BC obviously did not do what it was supposed to for the two weeks we were on hiatus. My doctor is truly amazing though, because although this is a "wrench in our plans", she came up quickly with a course of treatment to put us back on the path for IVF in March. Quickly, you might be thinking, well, Patrick and I are choosing the slower of the quicker options. First, I have to wait until I get my "real" period this month. Then, we are going to monitor everything au natural (BBT, estrodial levels, estrogen levels, OPK) and after I ovulate, I will go on two estrogen patches a day until my next period. THEN, if there are no cysts, we can proceed. So, God is telling us to pack our patience. While I was COMPLETELY heartbroken on Wednesday, I know that there is a bigger plan, and we WILL have a baby, it's just going to be a little longer than we thought. In the meantime, that random cyst could be a follie, and we could miraculously get preggers. Now, that's a stretch since it's on the right side, but hey, anything is possible. I'm continuing on to live my life and enjoy the time that Patrick and I have been given together to enjoy each other before our family multiplies by 1 or 2. We are taking advantage of the "date" nights without the babysitter costs, living life without daycare, and just being us. I did get to go see my all time favorite singer, Sarah McLachlan last night and she played the song "Answer." Tears welled up as the words resonated:
  If it takes my whole life
I won't break, I won't bend
It will all be worth it
Worth it in the end

For now, I've packed my patience and courage into my heart, and will continue living my life and enjoying every minute. God has granted me so many wonderful people to give us strength and help catch us when we fall down, but as they say, you need to dust yourself off, and start all over again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment