Sunday, September 12, 2010

7 DPO...and waiting

Well, This month's IUI has been a bit of fun... My OPK decided to go off over Labor day weekend. It in turn got me scolded by the nurse from the Dr's office on Friday. YES, she scolded me. It still kind of irks me that she did. I mean seriously? I wanted to yell through the phone "IF I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS, TRUST ME, I WOULDN'T CHOOSE IT!" She was upset because I waited until Friday to call, and in the meantime Patrick had inquired to the lab about being open over the weekend. The lab had called Dr. K's office about the OTHER  couple and mentioned that Patrick had called. I actually had to APOLOGIZE to that nurse for being busy and having a life! Grr...but getting past that, we lucked out because the DR had another couple to work with in the office on Sunday, so we got our IUI without much worry. It was different having the DR do it. She seemed to take her time, which the nurse didn't do last time. In addition, the tech at the lab gave Patrick some encouraging words on Sunday. She was the total opposite of the cranky nurse. It was comforting to hear those words and the encouragement after the distress we had been feeling. She told us not to lose hope!

So now we wait...I've made it a week!! YAY! Luckily, I've been working, which has been a complete blessing, because I don't find myself going slowly crazy at home. Yesterday, I spent the day with my good friend and some college friends at her baby shower. It was soooooooooo good to see that good things can come to those who wait. She passed along some "Good Luck" which made me cry. It seems like I've been doing that alot...wanting to cry. Weird...that and hot flashes. My temp this morning was 98.1...the highest its ever been. I've been leaning on my other friend going through the similar process! I'm lucky she has BBIM for me to chat with during my days when I'm at my breaking point..or when I just need a friendly shoulder to listen! Plus, my family has been amazing.

I've made it 7 days...it seems like I lose hope right around here...I don't know why. I mean, I shouldn't right? We have 7 more days until I SHOULD test....that doesn't mean that curiosity won't get the best of my DH and I before then....

Well, here's to another week. Let's hope that my kiddos (who have been COMPLETE ANGELS!!) keep me on my toes and my mind off of the baby train.

1 comment:

  1. I will always be there for you, good news or bad, hot flashes or acne, pee sticks or blood tests, fertilty sisters!! :)

    ReplyDelete