Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Decidely done...

So, I've decided that I'm not letting this whole IUI process stop my life. The husband and I got into a bit of a tiff about it. The meter went to two bars today...which means ovulation is around the corner. Which, on any given weekend, etc, wouldn't be a problem...but it's a holiday weekend...and the doctor's office isn't open on Sunday and Monday...and possibly Saturday. So I guess we will be doing some investigating on whether or not the lab that we go to will be around on the holidays. I'm really not excited about the possibility of someone other than the doctor's office all up in my business, but I'm also not about to waste a month of medication to no couple it with the IUI. I'm done basing my life around all of this...it'll happen when it'll happen...freaking out about the "what ifs" really isn't going to get me or the hubby anywhere but a ticket to anxietyville.

ANYWHO, being back at school has been a big blessing because I can concentrate my energies on that and not sit at home worrying about the whole infertility issues.

Talking about it really has helped me get through the rough days. I know people avoid asking about it, but really, I will say "I don't want to talk about it" if I am not int he mood or can't deal with it at that particular time.

I was joking with the girls at work, because the principal asked to bring in an "artifact" that represented our summers. I wanted to bring in a pee stick and a thermometer! Really, that has represented a good portion of my summer....;) It made me laugh out loud since people were supposed to guess what the artifact meant. Needless to say I ended up bringing in the picture of buzz light year from our astronaut experience from NASA. That was a little less controversial and personal. ;)

Here's to a great 2010-2011 school year! Something to keep my mind off of my personal issues!

No comments:

Post a Comment