Sunday, April 10, 2011

Proceed with Caution...

because we are officially pregnant! :)

Last Saturday, I had relegated to the fact that my temps dropped, and I had the worst cramps coming on, which usually means, my period is knocking at my door. I had only peed on a HPT the day before to proved that the hCG shot was completely out of my system. If I got a positive, I wanted to know it was for REAL, not some false positive from the amount of hormones injected into my blood!


Sunday Morning, I woke up at like 6:00, and so did the DH. We decided to take the HPT since we thought we were preparing to do this whole IVF thing over again. Much to our surprise, the HPT, showed a second line. I think we were in disbelief, only because we were not expecting it at all.

Since we were on vacation with my parents, I didn't think I could keep it a secret for 6 more days. So we went over to their villa, and Patrick was pretending to do the crossword puzzle. He said "I'm stuck. What's an 8  letter word for 'bun in the oven?' and I held up the pregnancy test! :)

We went for our first Beta yesterday, and it was 19 post retrieval. My number was 887!

We did tell Patrick's parents and sister last night, whcih is why I've not been able to update the blog.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, do not post anything on facebook. We are not out of the clear, and I'm cautiously posting that we are pregnant.

I have my 2nd Beta on Tuesday which should give us a clearer picture on what is going on. We hope to have an ultra sound probably in 2 weeks. We remain cautiously optimistic, as we are not out of the woods by any means.

If all goes as planned, our little winters will be due around 12/12/11. :)

2 comments:

  1. This post made my day!!!! By reading your posts on Facebook I thought it hadn't worked.... So happy for you and I'm hoping your second beta looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Beth. I am so very glad for you. :)

    ReplyDelete