Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lucky Number 7!

Today's retrieval went seamlessly!  We arrived at 7:00 to the lab. After checking in, I was taking to the back, where I was given a nice new gown! :) I had my vitals taken, and was then wisked away to the procedure room. I had the best team of nurses and doctors who were so very very kind and concerned about my well being! I was given a light dose of twilight during the procedure. The doctor was able to retrieve 7 eggs! I know it's not 18 or 30 that I've read on other blogs, but I feel blessed that we were given 7! Upon waking up, I was able to drink some water and use the bathroom, which meant I could go home. My DH stopped to get me breakfast at my favorite muffin place. :) I slept for a portion of the afternoon, and then my BFF came over and played Phase 10 with my DH and I. We'll know more tomorrow on how things have fertilized. It's kind of amazing to me that in a lab, our baby(s) are being created! :)

Here's to 7 baby steps forward today!



No comments:

Post a Comment